Tuesday 16 April 2013

ROADTEST: Beetroot in juices


I have been juicing a lot lately, and coincidence or not, have been receiving positive remarks about my skin, and my daughters as well.  I am determined to make juicing a big part of our lives.  I have no problem getting Lilli to drink the fruit based juices.  The plan however, is to slowly replace fruit with vegetables, to make an even healthier juice.  Carrot and orange gets a 5 star rating from Lilli, but I think we can do better.  Cucumber with fruit also gets a thumbs up.  Today we tried beetroot.

2 beetroot
2 apples
2 cucumber
2 carrots

The juice was super sweet so I thought we might have a winner, but no, while she admired how it looked, beetroot apparently tastes like dirt (ok, it does a bit).  Overall not a very successful juice.  Too sweet for the adults and the healthy little creature gave it 1 out of 5.  


Would love to hear from anyone who has found a beetroot juice combo that children love.

No comments:

Post a Comment